Did you know the original house used in the movie A Christmas Story was auctioned on ebay in 2004, purchased for $150,000 by Brian Jones, a San Diego entrepreneur and fan of the film since childhood, and renovated to appear exactly as it did in the movie?! After spending $240,000 in renovations and stocking the house with props and replicas from the movie, the house opened as a museum and gift shop in 2007. Staff members give tours every half hour and maintain a well-stocked gift shop.
The house is located on 3159 W.11th St. in Cleveland, Ohio and welcomed its 100,000th visitor in August 2009.
A dozen of my favorite Christmas songs:
2. Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
3. It Must Have Been Old Santa Claus - Harry Connick Jr.
4. Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms
5. Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby
6. Have A Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives
7. Dominic the Donkey - Lou Monte
8. Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley
9. Last Christmas - Wham
10. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Darlene Love
11. Sleigh Ride - The Ronettes
12. Christmas All Over Again - Tom Petty
My Top Ten Favorite Christmas Movies:
1. A Christmas Story
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original cartoon version)
3. It's a Wonderful Life
4. Home Alone 1/Home Alone 2
5. Christmas Every Day
6. Rudolph (the clay animation version)
8. The Shop Around the Corner
9. The Holiday
10. The Santa Claus
Enjoy and Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays!!