Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'M BACK!!!!! (on Blogger)

I spoke to an old friend today who I haven't seen to in SEVEN years!! The last time I saw him was during the summer after high school graduation. After a few Instant Messenger conversations (He wanted to date me, told me he was better than my ex but I got back together with my ex), we stopped talking completely. No hard feelings. Just went separate ways and took separate paths that never crossed until recently. As we chatted on the phone today, we summed up the past seven years of our lives in a mere 15 minutes. How we met our significant others, his new house, our job histories... in a matter of sentences. It just amazed me how we whittled 2,555 days into a small bullet points. Have our lives been that uneventful or was there just too much to tell??? I'm hoping for the latter.

And so, my message to you is this: Get up, get out. Do all the things delayed by procrastination!! Do something worthwhile, significant. Learn something new. Travel. Make a difference. Use the 24 hours given to you each day wisely. Live life to its fullest, not solely for an interesting story to tell but for an interesting path to unfold.

As for me and blogger, I've been M.I.A since November. My last real post hasn't been since September!! Since then I: was able to spend my birthday at home with friends and family; attended my cousin Vincent's wedding (the first big wedding in my immediate family!!) and was one of the bridesmaids; voted in this year's election and was ecstatic with the results; launched my professional website (jenaardell.com); met Melissa Galt who has truly been an inspirational and motivational force; got a twitter account (I'm addicted); took a dip into the craft fair vending scene; attended Tony Hawk's charity event where I met Bam Margera; was a semi-full-time nanny for four weeks; worked a 12 hour shift on Thanksgiving at the L.A. auto show where I finally got to sit in a Smart Car; bought far too many things for myself on ebay; got over my annual winter cold; and was able to see one of my all-time favorite movies "Sunset Blvd" in theatres (58 years after its release) as introduced by Nancy Olson, one of the few remaining cast members!! And in less than one week, I will be heading home to spend the holidays with my family and friends. :)

And now we're up-to-date...

1 comment:

mermaid said...

that's the weird thing about catching up with old friends. you have the opportunity to say ANYTHING you want, but it always turns into a tracking of your footsteps... like this is how i got here where i am now.

<3 mermaid
(I found you via twitter!)