How confusing is English to learn? Try on these sentences for size:
1. We have to polish the Polish funriture.
2. How can he lead if he can't get the lead out?
3. A skilled farmer sure can produce a lot of produce.
4.The dump was so full it had to refuse refuse.
5. The solider decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
6. No time like the present to present the present.
7. A small-mouth bass was painted on the big bass drum.
8. The white dove dove down into Dover.
9. I spent all of last evening evening out the pile.
10. That poor invalid, his insurance is invalid.
11. The bandage was wound around the wound.
12. They were much too close to the door to close it.
13. That buck sure does some odd things around the does.
14. The absent-minded sewer fell into the sewer.
15. You sow! You'll reap what you sow!
16. The wind was way too strong to wind the sail.
17. After a number of injections, my jaw finally got number.
18. If you don't object to the object, I would like to subject the subject to a series of subjective objectives.
(taken from Uncle John's UNSTOPPABLE Bathroom Reader, hehe)